Welcome to the NCDA Competition Team informational page. NCDA has the longest standing and most well-rounded dance competition team in the area. The team’s main focus is to bring out each individual dancer’s strengths. For young dancers, the team is a great way for dancers who want to take their dancing to the next level by establishing the adequate technical training and opportunities to perform their art. Miss Heather NCDA’s dance team was established in 2000 and is under the direction of Heather Foster Pate.
NCDA Dance Team encourages individual achievement in the art of dance. Inspiring dancers to accomplish their fullest performance level, work hard, and achieve their goals. Dancers form bonds through friendships and leadership roles that will last a lifetime. Being beautiful on the inside is just as important as being beautiful on the outside.
Winning is to believe, believing is winning
End Result- To gain an understanding that the fun in performing is working hard to achieve our goals and knowing that you did that well!
How to become a team member?
To become a member of the team, the dancers will go through a thorough audition process each Spring (April/May). The dancers are selected based upon what the dancer showcases during the audition process. Dancers ages 4 -19 with 2 years dance experience are eligible to audition.
NCDA Team History -Since 2000, The dance team has traveled all over the Tri-State area competing regionally and nationally. The NCDA Competition Team is recognized for their style, disciple, creatively, choreography, and respect for other dancers.
Over the past 17 years the team has expanded and received numerous awards, to include:
- Winning over a thousand platinum medal awards
- 100’s of 1st place trophies in the divisions
- Consistently placing in top 5 high score
- 1st Place overall high score
- Entertainment awards
- Numerous special judges’ awards
- Spirit Awards
- Stand out in overall Technique, in addition, to Stand Out in Jazz and Lyrical
- “Choreographer of the Year” 2010-2012
- Choreography awards from 2010-2016
- 2012 A special choreography award was presented by the Lifetime TV network of Dance Moms for “Burlesque” routine
Nationally ranked since 2010
- 2nd place winners with Starpower Talent for 3 consecutive Years
- National Entertainment awards out of over 1,114 dances
- X-Calibur Winners in 2013 (Top Studio)
Selected Performance by:
- Magic Music days in Disney 2004
- Royal Caribbean “Stars at Sea” 2010- Celebrating the teams 10 years of success
- Dance the Magic – with a feature on ABC’s Frozen Christmas Parade in 2014
- Summer Olympics
- PAE- Barcelona Spain 2016 –Representing the State of DE
NCDA Team member’s success paths include:
- $1,000.’s of dollars in scholarships
- Selected to attend elite workshops since 2004
- Pointe Park
- Power Pak
- Division 1 College recruits
- Professional jobs in the dance industry
- Many Pageant winners
- Professional Cheerleaders
- Directors of Companies and Studios
- Movie appearances
NCDA Competition Team offers a professional dance training in many genera’s of dance. NCDA Team strives to expose young aspiring dancers the opportunities that will enhance their dance knowledge and training. The Instructors will work as mentors to the dancers and give them ample opportunities to perform dance as an art form, all the while, providing a the dancers in a positive structured environment. In addition, the NCDA team serves as a guide for the older dancers and encourages their path to become a professional dancer and prepare them for a college curriculum. NCDA achieves these goals by requiring each student to train in a wide range of technical classes, participate in different performance opportunities, attend professional dance performances, and share a sincere love and passion for dance in all of its forms.